Here you will find the latest news from Proeger & Associates and posts from blog.aginglifecare.org.
Barbara Levison discusses her involvement in the Aging Life Care Association®
Proeger & Associates News
- TECHNOLOGIES FOR CONNECTING TO SENIORSSocial distancing has become the new way of life during this pandemic. As a result, we as Aging Life Care® Managers have had to limit our in- person visits with our clients. Our clients’ families are not able to visit in-person either. We are all […]
- Aging in the Right Place: Care Managers help clients prepare for Hurricane Dorian, but also for the futureMichael Moore Jr. | Herald Tribune | September 2, 2019 | View article here Care managers help people 65 and older and those with disabilities prepare for times of crisis, such as a fall, a hospital stay or in this case, a storm, but they can […]
- Aging in Place: Loneliness often goes the way of cleanlinessMichael Moore Jr. | Herald Tribune | August 5, 2019 | View article here Fear of falling, loss of vision, fine motor skills, physical ability and memory are major causes of personal care neglect, according to senior health experts. Hygiene […]
- Mindy Zelitt – Alzheimer’s Association Support Group FacilitatorMindy Zelitt, MA, CMC, recently completed her training as an Alzheimer’s Association Support Group Facilitator. […]
- Business People – Barbara LevisonHerald Tribune | April 2, 2018 | View article here Barbara Levison, of Proeger & Associates Inc., has been installed as the president-elect of the 2018 Aging Life Care Association® Florida Chapter at the 25th annual Florida ALCA conference […]
Posts from blog.AgingLifeCare.org
An Ounce of Prevention, Two Ounces of Caution
by Courtney Pulitzer on October 12, 2020 at 5:15 pm
Too many Americans have experienced less than ideal healthcare in recent months as they work through an overwhelmed system. The elderly need to be especially vigilant and prepared as states reopen and seniors begin seeing their doctors again. The system’s deficits have proven particularly dangerous for elderly persons of color. The COVID-19 pandemic has both … Continue reading An Ounce of Prevention, Two Ounces of Caution → The post An Ounce of Prevention, Two Ounces of Caution appeared first on Aging Life Care Association.
Aging Life Care Managers – Experts in Aging and Organizing
by Courtney Pulitzer on October 5, 2020 at 11:04 pm
Older adult children working from home have been contacting Aging Life Care Managers such as those at Careplan Geriatric Care Managers in Cleveland, Ohio to get organized. Children are taking advantage of the extra time to get their elderly parents health and personal matters organized in the event of an unfortunate event. Karen McGinty of … Continue reading Aging Life Care Managers – Experts in Aging and Organizing → The post Aging Life Care Managers – Experts in Aging and Organizing appeared first on Aging Life Care Association.
Caregiving Long-Distance Made Easier – One Aging Life Care Professionals® Account
by Courtney Pulitzer on September 24, 2020 at 5:00 pm
In the pandemic world, we are currently living, long-distance caregiving is further complicated by the litigation set in place to protect our most vulnerable population, the elderly. Families and friends cannot see their older adults to know they are well and cared for. A Certified Care Manager and Aging Life Care Professional® such as those … Continue reading Caregiving Long-Distance Made Easier – One Aging Life Care Professionals® Account → The post Caregiving Long-Distance Made Easier – One Aging Life Care Professionals® Account appeared first on Aging Life Care Association.
This Fall, Prevent Falls For Your Elder Loved One
by Courtney Pulitzer on September 21, 2020 at 10:04 pm
Fall Prevention Week: September 21 – September 25, 2020 According to the National Council on Aging, one in four Americans aged 65+ fall every year. Having an Aging Life Care Manager as part of your health care plan for your older loved one can help avoid this common, but avoidable, part of aging. As a … Continue reading This Fall, Prevent Falls For Your Elder Loved One → The post This Fall, Prevent Falls For Your Elder Loved One appeared first on Aging Life Care Association.