Here you will find the latest news from Proeger & Associates and posts from blog.aginglifecare.org.
Barbara Levison discusses her involvement in the Aging Life Care Association®
Proeger & Associates News
- Happiness During the HolidaysHappiness during the Holidays We all know that the holiday season can be stressful under the best of circumstances. This year we must face the challenges of staying apart to stay safe. However, that does not mean we can’t find ways to bring some […]
- TECHNOLOGIES FOR CONNECTING TO SENIORSSocial distancing has become the new way of life during this pandemic. As a result, we as Aging Life Care® Managers have had to limit our in- person visits with our clients. Our clients’ families are not able to visit in-person either. We are all […]
- Aging in the Right Place: Care Managers help clients prepare for Hurricane Dorian, but also for the futureMichael Moore Jr. | Herald Tribune | September 2, 2019 | View article here Care managers help people 65 and older and those with disabilities prepare for times of crisis, such as a fall, a hospital stay or in this case, a storm, but they can […]
- Aging in Place: Loneliness often goes the way of cleanlinessMichael Moore Jr. | Herald Tribune | August 5, 2019 | View article here Fear of falling, loss of vision, fine motor skills, physical ability and memory are major causes of personal care neglect, according to senior health experts. Hygiene […]
- Mindy Zelitt – Alzheimer’s Association Support Group FacilitatorMindy Zelitt, MA, CMC, recently completed her training as an Alzheimer’s Association Support Group Facilitator. […]
Posts from blog.AgingLifeCare.org
- Founder’s Story: Parkinson & Movement Disorder Allianceby Courtney Pulitzer on July 28, 2021 at 6:58 pm
At the very heart of Parkinson & Movement Disorder Alliance (PMD Alliance) is a deep desire to meet people where they are at in their movement disorder journey. We roll up our sleeves, hold your hand and remind you that you will not walk alone. Whether you’re someone living with a movement disorder, or a … Continue reading Founder’s Story: Parkinson & Movement Disorder Alliance → The post Founder’s Story: Parkinson & Movement Disorder Alliance appeared first on Aging Life Care Association.
- The Power of Breathby Courtney Pulitzer on July 22, 2021 at 6:59 pm
I have always been fascinated with the power of breath. We carry it with us at all times. We breathe somewhere around 20,000 breaths every day. Most of us barely give our breath any thought at all. Yet how we breathe can have everything to do with our health and well-being. Try it for yourself: … Continue reading The Power of Breath → The post The Power of Breath appeared first on Aging Life Care Association.
- Overcoming Technology Hurdles to Sign up for the COVID-19 Vaccineby Courtney Pulitzer on July 20, 2021 at 6:54 pm
While the COVID-19 vaccine has been available for several months – there are still many adults who have yet to receive their first dose. Aging Life Care Association Corporate Partner CandooTech offers technology solutions for seniors and their families, and has some initial tips to aid those still looking at, or beginning to consider vaccination. … Continue reading Overcoming Technology Hurdles to Sign up for the COVID-19 Vaccine → The post Overcoming Technology Hurdles to Sign up for the COVID-19 Vaccine appeared first on Aging Life Care Association.
- Summer Safety for Seniorsby Courtney Pulitzer on July 14, 2021 at 6:22 pm
With the pandemic now hopefully behind us, how can seniors most safely enjoy and celebrate this summer? There are two priorities to keep our community’s elders safe: avoiding the dangers of excessive summer heat and humidity, and preventing falls, a year-round need, but one where summer presents some special challenges. Keeping Cool During Our Hot … Continue reading Summer Safety for Seniors → The post Summer Safety for Seniors appeared first on Aging Life Care Association.