Here you will find the latest news from Proeger & Associates and posts from blog.aginglifecare.org.
Barbara Levison discusses her involvement in the Aging Life Care Association®
Proeger & Associates News
- Happiness During the HolidaysHappiness during the Holidays We all know that the holiday season can be stressful under the best of circumstances. This year we must face the challenges of staying apart to stay safe. However, that does not mean we can’t find ways to bring some […]
- TECHNOLOGIES FOR CONNECTING TO SENIORSSocial distancing has become the new way of life during this pandemic. As a result, we as Aging Life Care® Managers have had to limit our in- person visits with our clients. Our clients’ families are not able to visit in-person either. We are all […]
- Aging in the Right Place: Care Managers help clients prepare for Hurricane Dorian, but also for the futureMichael Moore Jr. | Herald Tribune | September 2, 2019 | View article here Care managers help people 65 and older and those with disabilities prepare for times of crisis, such as a fall, a hospital stay or in this case, a storm, but they can […]
- Aging in Place: Loneliness often goes the way of cleanlinessMichael Moore Jr. | Herald Tribune | August 5, 2019 | View article here Fear of falling, loss of vision, fine motor skills, physical ability and memory are major causes of personal care neglect, according to senior health experts. Hygiene […]
- Mindy Zelitt – Alzheimer’s Association Support Group FacilitatorMindy Zelitt, MA, CMC, recently completed her training as an Alzheimer’s Association Support Group Facilitator. […]
Posts from blog.AgingLifeCare.org
- On Dementia: Care, Community and Creativityby Courtney Pulitzer on February 24, 2021 at 4:00 pm
Conversations of hope, joy, and better ways to care for and support individuals living with dementia and their care partners More than 5 million Americans live with Alzheimer’s disease and over 15 million family members, friends and volunteers serve as care partners, according to the Alzheimer’s Association. Individuals with Alzheimer’s and other dementias do not … Continue reading On Dementia: Care, Community and Creativity → The post On Dementia: Care, Community and Creativity appeared first on Aging Life Care Association.
- Black and Brown Aging Life Care Managers® Changing The World, One Client at a Timeby Courtney Pulitzer on February 17, 2021 at 4:08 pm
For over 400 years, black and brown communities have experienced systemic racism and intergenerational trauma (Gibbs et al., 2020). In 2020 and 2021, we continued to experience these traumatizing events portrayed through violence, dehumanization, and oppression. The disparities among black and brown communities have been marginalized and minimized by many for so long that some … Continue reading Black and Brown Aging Life Care Managers® Changing The World, One Client at a Time → The post Black and Brown Aging Life Care Managers® Changing The World, One Client at a Time appeared first on Aging Life Care Association.
- Sex, Money, & Your Parents: Conversations you never wanted to haveby Courtney Pulitzer on February 10, 2021 at 5:56 pm
Annie and her two siblings have been helping their elderly parents in a growing number of ways over the past several years. Assisting with the care and upkeep of the family home, making needed grocery runs, preparing meals, attending occasional medical appointments, and in general — ensuring things are going OK. Their mom was diagnosed … Continue reading Sex, Money, & Your Parents: Conversations you never wanted to have → The post Sex, Money, & Your Parents: Conversations you never wanted to have appeared first on Aging Life Care Association.
- A Portable Living Solution & Protection – For The Ones You Loveby Courtney Pulitzer on February 3, 2021 at 9:27 pm
Bob and his father, John, in front of the newly delivered Wheel Pad! Brattleboro, VT What does a family do about an aging parent who lives far away on his own? This dilemma faced Bob and his wife Jennifer Jacobs. Bob’s father, John, had always been independent. Once a professor of Histology at the … Continue reading A Portable Living Solution & Protection – For The Ones You Love → The post A Portable Living Solution & Protection – For The Ones You Love appeared first on Aging Life Care Association.