Here you will find the latest news from Proeger & Associates and posts from blog.aginglifecare.org.
Barbara Levison discusses her involvement in the Aging Life Care Association®
Proeger & Associates News
- Happiness During the HolidaysHappiness during the Holidays We all know that the holiday season can be stressful under the best of circumstances. This year we must face the challenges of staying apart to stay safe. However, that does not mean we can’t find ways to bring some […]
- TECHNOLOGIES FOR CONNECTING TO SENIORSSocial distancing has become the new way of life during this pandemic. As a result, we as Aging Life Care® Managers have had to limit our in- person visits with our clients. Our clients’ families are not able to visit in-person either. We are all […]
- Aging in the Right Place: Care Managers help clients prepare for Hurricane Dorian, but also for the futureMichael Moore Jr. | Herald Tribune | September 2, 2019 | View article here Care managers help people 65 and older and those with disabilities prepare for times of crisis, such as a fall, a hospital stay or in this case, a storm, but they can […]
- Aging in Place: Loneliness often goes the way of cleanlinessMichael Moore Jr. | Herald Tribune | August 5, 2019 | View article here Fear of falling, loss of vision, fine motor skills, physical ability and memory are major causes of personal care neglect, according to senior health experts. Hygiene […]
- Mindy Zelitt – Alzheimer’s Association Support Group FacilitatorMindy Zelitt, MA, CMC, recently completed her training as an Alzheimer’s Association Support Group Facilitator. […]
Posts from blog.AgingLifeCare.org
- Alzheimer’s and the Family Caregiverby Courtney Pulitzer on November 19, 2020 at 11:09 pm
November is National Family Caregivers Month and National Alzheimer’s Disease Awareness Month. These observances help raise awareness about the challenges of caregiving for families, especially Alzheimer’s caregiving, as well as increase support for and educate caregivers and their communities. The current COVID-19 pandemic has also presented new realities and stresses. According to the Centers for … Continue reading Alzheimer’s and the Family Caregiver → The post Alzheimer’s and the Family Caregiver appeared first on Aging Life Care Association.
- The Latest Discoveries in Alzheimer’s and Dementia Researchby Courtney Pulitzer on October 30, 2020 at 8:15 pm
In the U.S., more than 5.8 million people age 65+ are living with Alzheimer’s disease and over 16 million provide unpaid care for people living with Alzheimer’s and other dementias. Aging Life Care Professionals regularly work with clients living with Alzheimer’s and other dementias, and, as part of their membership with the Aging Life Care Association, … Continue reading The Latest Discoveries in Alzheimer’s and Dementia Research → The post The Latest Discoveries in Alzheimer’s and Dementia Research appeared first on Aging Life Care Association.
- Tips to Staying Healthy While Managing Incontinence During COVIDby Courtney Pulitzer on October 27, 2020 at 7:30 pm
Americans have adapted new ways of doing things as a result of coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19). Coughs and fevers have become more serious and result in closer-than-usual attention. There are more and more signs everywhere we go about the importance of handwashing. And, many physicians and health care professionals have turned to telehealth to interact with … Continue reading Tips to Staying Healthy While Managing Incontinence During COVID → The post Tips to Staying Healthy While Managing Incontinence During COVID appeared first on Aging Life Care Association.
- COVID-19 Meets Flu Seasonby Courtney Pulitzer on October 22, 2020 at 5:44 pm
After months of social distancing, hyper hand washing, and vigilant mask-wearing, are you ready for flu season? It’s coming, and it’s important to understand how the flu is similar—and different—from COVID-19, and what you can do to protect yourself and others. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), influenza (flu) and COVID-19 … Continue reading COVID-19 Meets Flu Season → The post COVID-19 Meets Flu Season appeared first on Aging Life Care Association.