Here you will find the latest news from Proeger & Associates and posts from blog.aginglifecare.org.
Barbara Levison discusses her involvement in the Aging Life Care Association®
Proeger & Associates News
- Happiness During the HolidaysHappiness during the Holidays We all know that the holiday season can be stressful under the best of circumstances. This year we must face the challenges of staying apart to stay safe. However, that does not mean we can’t find ways to bring some […]
- TECHNOLOGIES FOR CONNECTING TO SENIORSSocial distancing has become the new way of life during this pandemic. As a result, we as Aging Life Care® Managers have had to limit our in- person visits with our clients. Our clients’ families are not able to visit in-person either. We are all […]
- Aging in the Right Place: Care Managers help clients prepare for Hurricane Dorian, but also for the futureMichael Moore Jr. | Herald Tribune | September 2, 2019 | View article here Care managers help people 65 and older and those with disabilities prepare for times of crisis, such as a fall, a hospital stay or in this case, a storm, but they can […]
- Aging in Place: Loneliness often goes the way of cleanlinessMichael Moore Jr. | Herald Tribune | August 5, 2019 | View article here Fear of falling, loss of vision, fine motor skills, physical ability and memory are major causes of personal care neglect, according to senior health experts. Hygiene […]
- Mindy Zelitt – Alzheimer’s Association Support Group FacilitatorMindy Zelitt, MA, CMC, recently completed her training as an Alzheimer’s Association Support Group Facilitator. […]
Posts from blog.AgingLifeCare.org
- Sibling Relationships and Older Parentsby Courtney Pulitzer on January 13, 2021 at 5:04 pm
As adult children age many unresolved conflicts are swept under the carpet and avoided. Often with parents as buffers, and contact limited, relationships remain stable. All this can change when adult children must share the task of caring for an aging parent. When the focus becomes their own unresolved conflicts, this can interfere with the … Continue reading Sibling Relationships and Older Parents → The post Sibling Relationships and Older Parents appeared first on Aging Life Care Association.
- “Home” for the Holidays? Common Signs Your Older Loved One May Need Helpby Courtney Pulitzer on December 23, 2020 at 5:56 pm
This year the holidays and holiday gatherings will look a bit different for most of us because of the pandemic. Experts advise us to stay home and limit our in-person celebrations to those living in our immediate household. Observing the holidays with loved ones outside our household will likely take place virtually or physically distanced. … Continue reading “Home” for the Holidays? Common Signs Your Older Loved One May Need Help → The post “Home” for the Holidays? Common Signs Your Older Loved One May Need Help appeared first on Aging Life Care Association.
- Eldercare as Art and Ministry – combining life’s passionsby Courtney Pulitzer on December 4, 2020 at 5:00 pm
Aging Life Care Association® members are distinguished for their high qualifications, adherence to standards of practice, and a drive to care for older adults. And it is this distinction as an Aging Life Care Manager® that separates them from people who are geriatric care managers. And one such notable member is Irene V. Jackson-Brown, Ph.D., … Continue reading Eldercare as Art and Ministry – combining life’s passions → The post Eldercare as Art and Ministry – combining life’s passions appeared first on Aging Life Care Association.
- Alzheimer’s and the Family Caregiverby Courtney Pulitzer on November 19, 2020 at 11:09 pm
November is National Family Caregivers Month and National Alzheimer’s Disease Awareness Month. These observances help raise awareness about the challenges of caregiving for families, especially Alzheimer’s caregiving, as well as increase support for and educate caregivers and their communities. The current COVID-19 pandemic has also presented new realities and stresses. According to the Centers for … Continue reading Alzheimer’s and the Family Caregiver → The post Alzheimer’s and the Family Caregiver appeared first on Aging Life Care Association.