Here you will find the latest news from Proeger & Associates and posts from blog.aginglifecare.org.
Barbara Levison discusses her involvement in the Aging Life Care Association®
Proeger & Associates News
- Mindy Zelitt elected to serve as the Vice President for the Suncoast Aging NetworkMindy Zelitt has recently been elected to serve as the Vice President for the Suncoast Aging Network for 2023. Suncoast Aging Network (SAN) is non-profit senior support and resource organization providing grants, education, and referrals for things […]
- Safely Reuniting for the HolidaysMany families have plans to be reunited for the holidays this year after a long stretch of time without seeing loved ones. As we face news of the Omicron variant of Covid-19, it’s important to stay aware of all safety recommendations from the CDC […]
- 2021 Walk To End Alzheimer’sCongratulations to Barbara Levison for becoming a Grand Champion for her fundraising efforts in the 2021 Walk To End Alzheimer’s. Barbara served once again as the Team Captain of the Proeger Team and raised $1000! Barbara’s daughter joined her on […]
- Happiness During the HolidaysHappiness during the Holidays We all know that the holiday season can be stressful under the best of circumstances. This year we must face the challenges of staying apart to stay safe. However, that does not mean we can’t find ways to bring some […]
- TECHNOLOGIES FOR CONNECTING TO SENIORSSocial distancing has become the new way of life during this pandemic. As a result, we as Aging Life Care® Managers have had to limit our in- person visits with our clients. Our clients’ families are not able to visit in-person either. We are all […]
Posts from blog.AgingLifeCare.org
- What to Look for When Visiting Aging Loved Ones this Thanksgivingby cdaters on November 21, 2022 at 1:00 pm
During the holiday season families and friends often make special visits to aging loved ones. Aging Life Care Managers® suggest you use this time to take note of any changes in health, behavior, or physical appearance. You may discover your aging loved one now needs more help or attention. Is it Time for Help? … Continue reading What to Look for When Visiting Aging Loved Ones this Thanksgiving → The post What to Look for When Visiting Aging Loved Ones this Thanksgiving appeared first on Aging Life Care Association.
- Warning Signs of Suicide Among Older Adultsby cdaters on November 11, 2022 at 4:00 pm
According to the National Council on Aging (NCOA), suicidal behavior is common in older adults for a number of reasons with loneliness topping the list. Many seniors are homebound and live on their own; are grieving the loss of a spouse or friend; lack nearby family; or have lost vital social connections during the Pandemic. … Continue reading Warning Signs of Suicide Among Older Adults → The post Warning Signs of Suicide Among Older Adults appeared first on Aging Life Care Association.
- The Basics of Medical Alert Systemsby cdaters on July 25, 2022 at 11:18 pm
Thinking about using a Medical Alert System / Personal Emergency Response System? ALCA Corporate Partner David Michaels shares the basics of Medical Alert Systems to help determine the best system for you or your aging loved one. What You Need to Know Before Choosing a Medical Alert System by David Michaels, Aging Life Care Association® … Continue reading The Basics of Medical Alert Systems → The post The Basics of Medical Alert Systems appeared first on Aging Life Care Association.
- Beat the Heat: 7 Safety Tips for Aging Adultsby cdaters on July 1, 2022 at 3:00 pm
It’s been a challenging year, with social isolation, a worldwide pandemic, and having to be confined indoors. Now that it’s Summer, and most of the outdoor restrictions have been lifted, it is exciting to finally be able to venture outdoors and enjoy the beautiful weather, the blossoming flowers, and the abundant sunshine! However, there are … Continue reading Beat the Heat: 7 Safety Tips for Aging Adults → The post Beat the Heat: 7 Safety Tips for Aging Adults appeared first on Aging Life Care Association.