Here you will find the latest news from Proeger & Associates and posts from blog.aginglifecare.org.
Barbara Levison discusses her involvement in the Aging Life Care Association®
Proeger & Associates News
- TECHNOLOGIES FOR CONNECTING TO SENIORSSocial distancing has become the new way of life during this pandemic. As a result, we as Aging Life Care® Managers have had to limit our in- person visits with our clients. Our clients’ families are not able to visit in-person either. We are all […]
- Aging in the Right Place: Care Managers help clients prepare for Hurricane Dorian, but also for the futureMichael Moore Jr. | Herald Tribune | September 2, 2019 | View article here Care managers help people 65 and older and those with disabilities prepare for times of crisis, such as a fall, a hospital stay or in this case, a storm, but they can […]
- Aging in Place: Loneliness often goes the way of cleanlinessMichael Moore Jr. | Herald Tribune | August 5, 2019 | View article here Fear of falling, loss of vision, fine motor skills, physical ability and memory are major causes of personal care neglect, according to senior health experts. Hygiene […]
- Mindy Zelitt – Alzheimer’s Association Support Group FacilitatorMindy Zelitt, MA, CMC, recently completed her training as an Alzheimer’s Association Support Group Facilitator. […]
- Business People – Barbara LevisonHerald Tribune | April 2, 2018 | View article here Barbara Levison, of Proeger & Associates Inc., has been installed as the president-elect of the 2018 Aging Life Care Association® Florida Chapter at the 25th annual Florida ALCA conference […]
Posts from blog.AgingLifeCare.org
Caregiving Long-Distance Made Easier – One Aging Life Care Professionals® Account
by Courtney Pulitzer on September 24, 2020 at 5:00 pm
In the pandemic world, we are currently living, long-distance caregiving is further complicated by the litigation set in place to protect our most vulnerable population, the elderly. Families and friends cannot see their older adults to know they are well and cared for. A Certified Care Manager and Aging Life Care Professional® such as those … Continue reading Caregiving Long-Distance Made Easier – One Aging Life Care Professionals® Account → The post Caregiving Long-Distance Made Easier – One Aging Life Care Professionals® Account appeared first on Aging Life Care Association.
This Fall, Prevent Falls For Your Elder Loved One
by Courtney Pulitzer on September 21, 2020 at 10:04 pm
Fall Prevention Week: September 21 – September 25, 2020 According to the National Council on Aging, one in four Americans aged 65+ fall every year. Having an Aging Life Care Manager as part of your health care plan for your older loved one can help avoid this common, but avoidable, part of aging. As a … Continue reading This Fall, Prevent Falls For Your Elder Loved One → The post This Fall, Prevent Falls For Your Elder Loved One appeared first on Aging Life Care Association.
How Social Isolation Stole My Mom
by Courtney Pulitzer on September 9, 2020 at 9:26 pm
On September 6, 2019, my mother turned 76. As was our birthday tradition, I invited her to lunch and suggested an outing to a local craft store she loved. For the first time ever, she refused to budge from her home. This was new behavior and it really worried me because her world was shrinking. … Continue reading How Social Isolation Stole My Mom → The post How Social Isolation Stole My Mom appeared first on Aging Life Care Association.
ALCA’s Early History with Leonie Nowitz
by Courtney Pulitzer on August 17, 2020 at 12:10 am
Go back in time to listen to one of ALCA’s founding members Leonie Nowitz discuss the association’s earliest memories and milestones in its history. The post ALCA’s Early History with Leonie Nowitz appeared first on Aging Life Care Association.