Here you will find the latest news from Proeger & Associates and posts from blog.aginglifecare.org.
Barbara Levison discusses her involvement in the Aging Life Care Association®
Proeger & Associates News
- Happiness During the HolidaysHappiness during the Holidays We all know that the holiday season can be stressful under the best of circumstances. This year we must face the challenges of staying apart to stay safe. However, that does not mean we can’t find ways to bring some […]
- TECHNOLOGIES FOR CONNECTING TO SENIORSSocial distancing has become the new way of life during this pandemic. As a result, we as Aging Life Care® Managers have had to limit our in- person visits with our clients. Our clients’ families are not able to visit in-person either. We are all […]
- Aging in the Right Place: Care Managers help clients prepare for Hurricane Dorian, but also for the futureMichael Moore Jr. | Herald Tribune | September 2, 2019 | View article here Care managers help people 65 and older and those with disabilities prepare for times of crisis, such as a fall, a hospital stay or in this case, a storm, but they can […]
- Aging in Place: Loneliness often goes the way of cleanlinessMichael Moore Jr. | Herald Tribune | August 5, 2019 | View article here Fear of falling, loss of vision, fine motor skills, physical ability and memory are major causes of personal care neglect, according to senior health experts. Hygiene […]
- Mindy Zelitt – Alzheimer’s Association Support Group FacilitatorMindy Zelitt, MA, CMC, recently completed her training as an Alzheimer’s Association Support Group Facilitator. […]
Posts from blog.AgingLifeCare.org
- Urinary Incontinence in Older Adults & Seniorsby cdaters on November 30, 2021 at 8:50 pm
Urinary Incontinence in Older Adults & Seniors By Vicki Wolpoff of NorthShore Care Supply – an Aging Life Care Association Corporate Partner November is Bladder Health Month — a month is designed to encourage you to stay informed about different bladder issues, so you can proactively take care of your bladder health or help someone … Continue reading Urinary Incontinence in Older Adults & Seniors → The post Urinary Incontinence in Older Adults & Seniors appeared first on Aging Life Care Association.
- Solos: They Are Looking For Youby ALCAmarcom on October 1, 2021 at 7:00 pm
Those who serve older adults periodically come across individuals with no children or children who live at a distance from them. Historically, most adults aged 65 and above seemed to have at least one family member who could provide some measure of care and support. That situation is now changing, however, in a big way, … Continue reading Solos: They Are Looking For You → The post Solos: They Are Looking For You appeared first on Aging Life Care Association.
- ALCA Member Spotlight—Ann Burke, Cincinnati, Ohioby ALCAmarcom on September 29, 2021 at 7:00 pm
This week we are spotlighting one of our members and recipient of the ALCA Midwest Chapter Outstanding Member Award for 2020 – Ann Sutton Burke. Tell us about your current practice? The practice I manage is CareLink, Your Experts in Aging based in Cincinnati Ohio. It is part of a non-profit agency, Jewish Family Service … Continue reading ALCA Member Spotlight—Ann Burke, Cincinnati, Ohio → The post ALCA Member Spotlight—Ann Burke, Cincinnati, Ohio appeared first on Aging Life Care Association.
- Quality of Life – What Really Mattersby ALCAmarcom on September 22, 2021 at 7:00 pm
Helen is 93 years old and has lived at an assisted living community since she was 90. She has a one-room suite with her own bathroom. It is decorated with her favorite things and whatever furniture that would fit. She has one window that overlooks some trees and a strategically placed bird feeder. Tom is 84 … Continue reading Quality of Life – What Really Matters → The post Quality of Life – What Really Matters appeared first on Aging Life Care Association.