Here you will find the latest news from Proeger & Associates and posts from blog.aginglifecare.org.
Barbara Levison discusses her involvement in the Aging Life Care Association®
Proeger & Associates News
- Barbara Levison earns “Fellow of the Leadership Academy” from the Aging Life Care Association®Congratulations to Barbara Levison of Proeger & Associates, Inc. for earning the designation of “Fellow of the Leadership Academy” from the Aging Life Care Association®. This designation recognizes those Aging Life Care Professionals® who have […]
- Mindy Zelitt elected to serve as the Vice President for the Suncoast Aging NetworkMindy Zelitt has recently been elected to serve as the Vice President for the Suncoast Aging Network for 2023. Suncoast Aging Network (SAN) is non-profit senior support and resource organization providing grants, education, and referrals for things […]
- Safely Reuniting for the HolidaysMany families have plans to be reunited for the holidays this year after a long stretch of time without seeing loved ones. As we face news of the Omicron variant of Covid-19, it’s important to stay aware of all safety recommendations from the CDC […]
- 2021 Walk To End Alzheimer’sCongratulations to Barbara Levison for becoming a Grand Champion for her fundraising efforts in the 2021 Walk To End Alzheimer’s. Barbara served once again as the Team Captain of the Proeger Team and raised $1000! Barbara’s daughter joined her on […]
- Happiness During the HolidaysHappiness during the Holidays We all know that the holiday season can be stressful under the best of circumstances. This year we must face the challenges of staying apart to stay safe. However, that does not mean we can’t find ways to bring some […]
Posts from blog.AgingLifeCare.org
- Falls: Prevention and What to Ask Your Older Loved Oneby Bonnie Leko-Shapiro on January 25, 2024 at 11:18 pm
Falls are the leading cause of fatal injury and the most common cause of nonfatal, trauma-related hospital admissions among older adults. For many elders who have a fall, this is often the beginning of a deleterious cascade of ill health that will lead to trauma, hospitalization, decreased mobility, depression, and in some cases, even death. … Continue reading Falls: Prevention and What to Ask Your Older Loved One → The post Falls: Prevention and What to Ask Your Older Loved One appeared first on Aging Life Care Association.
- Preparing for Winter Weather with Older Loved Onesby Bonnie Leko-Shapiro on January 9, 2024 at 8:41 pm
Severe winter weather is descending across the United States, which greatly impacts the safety and well-being of the elderly, especially when the weather event is unexpected or comes fast. Here are some tips from the experts in aging well® to help your older loved one prep for winter weather. Before a Storm • Stay informed: … Continue reading Preparing for Winter Weather with Older Loved Ones → The post Preparing for Winter Weather with Older Loved Ones appeared first on Aging Life Care Association.
- Celebrating the Holidays with Alzheimer’s or other Dementiaby cdaters on December 21, 2023 at 5:30 pm
The holidays can often be a time filled with high expectations, requiring lots of energy and engagement in non-stop activities. For the individuals and families living with Alzheimer’s or other dementia, it can be challenging and a time of high anxiety. Festivities can agitate, confuse, and overstimulate persons living with Alzheimer’s or other dementia. Meanwhile, … Continue reading Celebrating the Holidays with Alzheimer’s or other Dementia → The post Celebrating the Holidays with Alzheimer’s or other Dementia appeared first on Aging Life Care Association.
- Tips for Checking on Aging Loved Ones during Holidaysby Bonnie Leko-Shapiro on November 21, 2023 at 9:28 pm
Whether you live down the block or across the country, holiday visits are a great opportunity to take a closer look at your aging loved one and their surroundings. Take time to observe any changes in an aging family member’s behaviors or lifestyle during dinners, gift exchanges, parties, etc. Changes may vary widely – from … Continue reading Tips for Checking on Aging Loved Ones during Holidays → The post Tips for Checking on Aging Loved Ones during Holidays appeared first on Aging Life Care Association.