Dr. Proeger is an experienced Aging Life Care ExpertTM (Professional Geriatric Care Manager) who has owned her own elder care management business since 1993. She is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and qualified for national certification as a Certified Care Manager (CMC) in 1997. Her experience includes over 40 years of providing counseling services and coordinating community resources for clients and families.
In recognition of her contributions to the Aging Life Care AssociationTM (formerly the National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers), she was presented with the prestigious Adele Elkind Award for 2014. This national award honors distinguished and professional service to the Aging Life Care Association at the national, chapter, and local levels.
Contributions to the profession at a national level include:
- Chair of the Standards Committee 2008 – 2016. Committee member 2017 – present.
- Appointed to the Ethics Task Force in 2008
- Director of the Board from 2002-2007
- Served a two-year term on the Executive Committee in 2004 and 2005.
- Chaired the Chapter Development Committee from 2002-2007, providing leadership training to Chapter Officers.
- Honored with the President's Award in 2003
- Fellow in the Leadership Academy since 2003.
- Appointed to the Alliances & Liaisons Committee in 2011 to enhance the working relationship with NAELA (National Association of Elder Law Attorneys)
- Appointed as an advisor to the Governance Task Force
- Served on the Nominating committee in 2008.
- Chapter President's Council (Chairperson, 1999; member 1998 & 2000).
- National Conference Committee (Chair, 2000; member 1999, 2001, & 2002),
- Chapter Structure Ad Hoc/Universal Membership Committee (1999-2000),
- Membership Committee (Chair 2002, Member 2001)
Florida Chapter of the Aging Life Care Association (formerly Florida Geriatric Care Manager’s Association):
- President from May 1998 through December 2000
- Board of directors from 1996 to 2003.
- Consultant to the board from 2004 to 2007, coordinating leadership training for the Chapter.
- Chaired the Long-Range Planning Committee in 2008.
- Chosen by her peers for the Outstanding Chapter Member award in 1999 and 2002.
- Local Unit Leader, West Coast Unit, 1996 & 1997
National Academy of Certified Care Managers (NACCM):
- Appointed 2017 Board of Directors.
- Selected as a Subject Matter Expert in 2008
University positions previously held:
- Adjunct Instructor at the University of South Florida, teaching a graduate level course in the Department of Gerontology (January - April 2001).
- Adjunct Assistant Professor for the University of Florida, providing supervision for graduate students in counseling.
Additional memberships and community involvement include:
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, Clinical Member
- Alzheimer's Association Caregiver Education Series presenter
- Sarasota County and Manatee County Aging Networks