Aging Life Care Professional® fees are paid privately by the family member requesting the service. Arrangements can also be made for the client’s trust to pay for our services. This arrangement enables the Aging Life Care Professional® to serve as an independent advocate for the client and their family.
- All Aging Life Care Management services are billed at an hourly rate.
- Billing is done on a monthly basis, unless other arrangements are made.
- The family and client determine the type and frequency of services to be provided in consultation with the Aging Life Care Professional®.
- The cost of Aging Life Care Management services is agreed upon in advance and depends on the level of intervention requested.
- A Care Management Agreement is prepared with input from the family and signed before services begin. The agreement states generally which services will be provided, whether limited to a single consultation, or an initial assessment with development of a care plan, or whether assistance with implementing and monitoring the plan are requested. Our services are a la carte, and no long term commitment is necessary.
- For your convenience we are able to set up electronic bank transfers.
- We also accept many major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Diners Club, JCB, American Express).
- Occasionally, an elderly person may have difficulty making rational decisions due to confusion, disorientation, and/or memory difficulties.
- If health, safety, and/or financial well-being are at risk, guardianship may be the only alternative.
- A family member can serve as guardian and engage the care manager to provide consultation and perform various monitoring and support services, thus alleviating many of the day-to-day responsibilities of guardianship.